A few of us writers here have expressed this sentiment in our own personal conversations. The term ‘Dark Ages’ is ripe with chronological snobbery, it’s inaccurate, and it’s misleading. Author and historian, Simon Winder, would firmly agree and he just posted an excerpt from his book Lotharingia: A Personal History of Europe’s Lost Country that expounds on our propensity to call it the Dark ages.
One of the main reasons Winder offers is that the physical material of those civilizations were destroyed and overwritten by modern towns and cities built in the same places, thus obscuring their cultural contributions and significance. The term ‘Dark Ages’ comes from our modern, over simplified thinking about these gaps.
- Memento Mori: How the Art of Death can Help us Live Better July 10, 2019 Our Christian ancestors did not shy away from the topic of death. Were they being morbid or was there deeper wisdom in this approach to dealing with our…Read Story
- Considering the validity of Valiant Thor, a space alien from Venus who claims Christ, a Gnostic invention, or someone else? March 14, 2018 Frank Stranges tells us about the mysterious figure, Valiant Thor, his origins, his biology, and that he bears the name of Christ. Is there any weight to what…Read Story
- Considering the Validity of Valiant Thor Part 2—an Alien Consultant for Government Black Ops? November 29, 2018 A former government engineer and geologist claims involvement in secret underground military bases, the alien agenda, and a meeting with the mysterious figure, Valiant Thor.Read Story
- “This Planet Will Be Theirs.” No It Won’t. June 19, 2019 People from all walks of life, all across the world who claim abduction are reporting the exact same exact details about their experiences, including the imminence of a…Read Story
- The Nightmare and the Old Hag – Sleep Paralysis: Demon or Disorder? April 3, 2019 Suddenly, you are aware. Your brain is functioning on high alert, your heart panicked and racing - but you are still. It's difficult to breathe. The position you're…Read Story