In a podcast called “Winging It” Steph Curry stole possession of the conversation to question the moon landing:
“We ever been to the moon?” he asked.
The others, in unison, agreed that the answer was no.
“They’re going to come get us,” Curry replied. “Sorry, I don’t want to start conspiracies.”
Afterward, one of the hosts asked Curry to clarify, which he responded by saying patently that he did not believe the United States had landed on the moon. There’s a little more about the exchange in this New York Times article.
Now Curry is saying “One Thousand Percent” it was a joke, Newsweek reports. This doesn’t add up to me for two reasons. First, Curry’s statement “they’re going to come get us,” which at minimum is a concession that he knows he probably shouldn’t be making this kind of statement. Second is that he was asked to clarify and he responded, not with a joke, but with an affirmation that he denies the moon landing.
- Considering the validity of Valiant Thor, a space alien from Venus who claims Christ, a Gnostic invention, or someone else? March 14, 2018 Frank Stranges tells us about the mysterious figure, Valiant Thor, his origins, his biology, and that he bears the name of Christ. Is there any weight to what…Read Story
- When the Devil Walks the Earth he Wears a Coat of Many Colors March 28, 2018 A Series Examining the Legend of the Pied Piper of Hamelin, Part 1 Part I: Currently viewing Part II: When the Devil Walks the Earth he Wears a…Read Story
- The Timeless Cost of Learning to Kill, Part II April 17, 2019 An ancient society's approach to dealing with returning veterans' spiritual / moral injuries that arise from combat operations.Read Story
- The Bible is Not Your Textbook: Beyond a Modern Reading of Scripture May 8, 2019 We tend to treat the Bible as a textbook or instruction manual. But that isn't the best way to read scripture. Can we get beyond these modernistic readings…Read Story
- Good Witch, Bad Witch, Sandwich? – There’s No Meat in the Idea of a White Witch May 22, 2019 Glinda: Are you a good witch, or a bad witch? Dorothy: Oh, but I've already told you, I'm not a witch at all -- witches are old and…Read Story