In my previous post, I offer some warnings about interpreting dreams and visions. In general, it requires discernment, a Gospel hermeneutic, and care for God’s name not to be taken in one’s own vanity. I want to add another caveat here. God condescends to humanity for our good, so that we can know Him who transcends our understanding.
In the video below, which I’ve shared in the past with some that know me, I describe what I saw in a vision several years ago and some interpretation that goes along with it. What I describe in the video may not literally be what happens on the last day, but something about God’s character is illuminated and can be verified with Scripture. What is literally true is that there are angels, no one comes to the Father except through Jesus, there is a last day (day of judgment), there is a resurrection from the dead, and we will all have to give an account.
URL in video is no longer valid.
- Considering the validity of Valiant Thor, a space alien from Venus who claims Christ, a Gnostic invention, or someone else? March 14, 2018 Frank Stranges tells us about the mysterious figure, Valiant Thor, his origins, his biology, and that he bears the name of Christ. Is there any weight to what…Read Story
- Good Witch, Bad Witch, Sandwich? – There’s No Meat in the Idea of a White Witch May 22, 2019 Glinda: Are you a good witch, or a bad witch? Dorothy: Oh, but I've already told you, I'm not a witch at all -- witches are old and…Read Story
- When the Devil Walks the Earth he Wears a Coat of Many Colors March 28, 2018 A Series Examining the Legend of the Pied Piper of Hamelin, Part 1 Part I: Currently viewing Part II: When the Devil Walks the Earth he Wears a…Read Story
- The Timeless Cost of Learning to Kill, Part II April 17, 2019 An ancient society's approach to dealing with returning veterans' spiritual / moral injuries that arise from combat operations.Read Story
- The Bible is Not Your Textbook: Beyond a Modern Reading of Scripture May 8, 2019 We tend to treat the Bible as a textbook or instruction manual. But that isn't the best way to read scripture. Can we get beyond these modernistic readings…Read Story